Keep It Simple for the Holidays!
Let’s keep it simple for the upcoming holiday season! Here is your Age-Proofing Arsenal and some medical-grade products we particularly like.
• Cleanser: Zap dullness and increase cell turnover with an exfoliating cleanser. Small-grain exfoliating cleansers work well for most skin types and can brighten up your skin. Popular cleansers we sell – and use ourselves – are C-ESTA by Jan Marini (which is great not only to use daily but also excellent for use after chemical peels or laser treatments) and Obagi Foaming Gel, for normal to oily skin.
• Anti-Aging Serum: Serums and gels contain higher concentrations of therapeutic ingredients than creams, and that means faster results. Look for Retinol, vitamin C or vitamin E. These vitamins stimulate collagen which strengthens the skin. Here at Greenspring we love VI Derm Vitamin C 20% Gel or Luksus BioGel which contains Retinol.
• Eye Cream: Choose an eye cream that contains Malonic acid, retinol, or caffeine which will reduce puffiness and dark circles. One that Lisa, one of our aestheticians, uses is Obagi Elastiderm Eye Treatment Cream. Clinical studies show a 55% decrease in wrinkles after 4 weeks when using Obagi Elastiderm Eye Treatment. Another popular eye cream we carry is Revaléskin Replenishing Eye Therapy with 1% Coffeeberry® Whole Fruit Extract, caffeine and other extracts.
• Moisturizer: The key ingredients to look for are glycerine or hyaluronic acid because they help your skin retain moisture. Try Luksus Phospsholipid GF Moisturizer or Jan Marini Age Intervention Peptide Extreme.
• Sunscreen: In Tucson we need to use sunscreen year round. Our favorites contain free-radical fighting antioxidants, and are light and feel great either alone or under makeup. We like Elta MD 45 or NIA24 SPF 30. Every line of products we carry has a sunscreen so you have a wide variety of choices to find what works best with your skin.